Working under the supervision of the vice-president Operations in a project-based management environment, the incumbent will be responsible for planning, organising, directing and controlling production activities, as well as quality control and metrological activities.
The ideal applicant is strategic and visionary. He/she quickly seizes the challenges and is a result-oriented person of action. The incumbent possesses excellent communication skills to mobilise a team of approximately 60 persons comprising two section leaders, five floor coordinators, a multidisciplinary team of technicians, assemblers, experienced painters, and machinists/welders, equipment planners, transportation coordinators, production engineers, and reception, store, shipping employees as well as quality inspectors.
- Supervise and manage the production team.
- Develop the production department’s overall strategies.
- Establish and concurrently manage the department’s priorities in order to meet the various projects’ deadlines.
- Establish the department’s objectives and ensure follow-ups using key performance indicators.
- Manage and control departmental budgets.
- Implement measures in order to meet the objectives.
- Perform estimates to support the various bids and proposals.
- Come up with innovative solutions to improve competitiveness and performance of operations.
- Evaluate and plan the department’s labour and infrastructure needs.
- Develop the employees’ skills by providing active leadership.
- Be knowledgeable of environmental and occupational health and safety standards and procedures, and ensure that they are duly communicated and respected.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and implement continuous improvement processes.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in administration, option management of operations, industrial engineering, or the equivalent.
- Cumulate more than 10 years of experience in a supervision or management position.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be results-oriented and be able to set up performance indicators.
- Be recognized for outstanding organisational skills and ability to adapt to change and to work under pressure.
- Be fluent in French and in English (written and spoken).
- Be proficient with the Office suite tools and be comfortable with information technology.
- Experience in a project-based production environment.
- Experience in the military field.
- Knowledge of the ISO quality system.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing.
- Knowledge of transportation rules.
- Knowledge of the SAP integrated management system.
Our client value teamwork, respect, reliability, openness, leadership and entrepreneurship, creating an environment that brings out the best in our employees and enables them to realize their potential. A flexible work schedule, a comprehensive medical plan for you and your family, as well as private medical services on site, competitive benefits, a subsidized cafeteria, a fitness and entertainment room, and free parking – it’s all part of the package**, all in a green setting.